Biostatistician, MSc or PhD (80% to 100%)
We are seeking a Biostatistician, MSc or PhD (80% to 100%)
You will be collaborating in a dynamic team of clinical epidemiologists, biostatisticians and clinical researchers, and directly working under the guidance of a senior medical statistician to provide support for epidemiological and clinical research projects, especially within the USB surgery department collaboration.
This will involve interacting directly with researchers, helping to ensure the completion and delivery of projects within deadlines and contributing to maintaining the projects’ scientific quality and integrity.
- Statistical collaboration with clinical researchers, with support from more experienced statisticians/epidemiologists, in the context of observational studies (Swiss HIV Cohort Study), large registry data and pragmatic clinical trials
- Participation in the protocol development, to define an appropriate study design and suitable statistical methodologies, calculating sample sizes and writing the statistical section
- Data management and data preparation
- Statistical modelling, analysis and reporting, contributing to publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Providing statistical input in the development of funding applications for clinical research may be required
- Support staff and PhD students in statistical analyses.
- Interest in teaching is welcome
- PhD or MSc qualification in statistics/mathematics or related field
- Significant experience in statistical modelling and analysis in the health care or medical research setting, with strong data handling and analytical skills
- Proven experience with statistical software (e.g. R and SAS)
- Strong database and statistical programming skills
- Experience in epidemiological study designs and relevant advanced analytical techniques
- Ability to efficiently manage projects in parallel, carefully and systematically, and to communicate statistical methods and results to non-statisticians
- A proven ability to work effectively within a team to achieve timely and valued objectives
- Excellent knowledge of English (German is not a prerequisite but of advantage)
- The opportunity to work in an academic environment with a dynamic, successful international team dedicated to high quality research
- A commitment to your career development and training
The position is available immediately, with negotiable starting date, for a minimum of 3 years. Salary is commensurate with experience (University of Basel rating system). Applicants should hold EU work permission.
Informal enquiries or submission of applications with CV, list of publications and 3 references may be made to:
Prof. Heiner C. Bucher, MD MPH
Head of Institute
Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University Hospital Basel
Spitalstrasse 12, 1st floor
CH-4031 Basel, Switzerland
Telefon +41 61 556 5100
Fax +41 61 265 3109