Surgical safety and effectiveness in orthopedics:
Swiss-wide multicenter evaluation and prediction of core outcomes in arthroscopic rotator cuff reconstruction
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology 100%
The clinical research group of the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology is looking for a scientist with an interest in clinical research in shoulder surgery under guidance of PD Dr. Andreas Müller (team leader shoulder and elbow surgery) and Prof Dr. Laurent Audigé (clinical epidemiologist). We have a closed cooperation with the Schulthess Klinik in Zurich (Department of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery) and the Basel Institute of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, ceb (Head Prof Dr. Heiner C. Bucher).
Our main focus is on the implementation of a Swiss multicenter cohort study of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair with grading and evaluation of safety events as well as the development of prognostic models for core clinical and patient-reported outcomes. The project is funded for 4 years by a Swiss National Science Fund (SNSF) Grant Nr 320030_184959 /1. Starting date is planned for January 2020.
• Initiation and coordination of Swiss multicenter cohort
• Project monitoring and communication with multiple project sites and partners
• Systematic review of prognostic studies in rotator cuff repair – risk factor mapping
• Development of statistical models for the prediction of key project outcomes
• Education in epidemiology and quantitative methods
• Master thesis in clinical epidemiology or related fields in quantitative medicine
• Data management and analysis programming skills (e.g. using R or Stata)
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• Proficiency in the English language, proficiency in French is a plus
• Medical education and/or experience in the field of orthopedics is a plus
We offer you
• A stimulating, interactive and multidisciplinary working environment, computer infrastructure with full access to resources of the university hospital, opportunities to publish in peer-reviewed journals, and participation in continuing education programs at ceb , the Department of Clinical Research as well as at the University Hospital Basel
• Work location is at the Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, ceb
• Salary and social security contributions according to SNSF standards
Application / Contact If you are interested, please contact the project manager Prof Dr. Laurent Audigé (email@example.com) and email an application/ motivation letter and CV. Only citizens from Switzerland and/or one of the European countries can apply.
PhD Program Health Sciences (PPHS) : https://pphs.unibas.ch/
Basel Institute for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics : http://ceb-institute.org/ceb